The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Widewaters Controller with duties such as PMS verifications, weekly reports, reconciliations, budgets, audits, etc. Additionally, the Staff Accountant’s duties will also include managing and maintaining the weekly ledger balance verifications and overseeing accounts payable of multiple properties. The Staff Accountant is required to adhere to the mission and values of The Widewaters Group, Inc.
What you will be doing
- General Responsibilities:
All responsibilities oversee multiple entities:
- PMS verifications, deposit verifications, sales tax/occupancy tax verifications, sort mail if needed and credit card, income audit, approval submissions and month end reconciling
- Routine record keeping and filing and upkeep of general office equipment
- Weekly & Monthly duties such as Balance Sheet, Bank Reconciliations, and AR collections
Daily Responsibilities and Routine Responsibilities of multiple properties
- Daily PMS verifications
- Responsible for posting of corrective entries into ProfitVue for maintaining correct ledger balances
- Oversees the tracking of ACH check postings from each property
- CLC, Expedia, Groupon, etc.
- Responsible for the accounts payable posting web batching verifications in ProfitSage
- Processes accounts payable and posting of vendor invoices in accounting software
- Responsible for posting journal entries into ProfitVue
- Carries out the verification of credit cards processed by properties
- Collects appropriate data and prepares sales tax/occupancy tax verifications and tests calculations
- Performs the tax exempt audit and verification in PMS system
- Administers income audit of: revenues, credit cards submissions, and statistics
- Corresponds through reporting any variances or ProfitSage out of balances to Widewaters Controller
- Directs the audit of voids, paid-out, and adjustments. Ensures proper backup and documentation is on file.
- Ensures the verification of bank depositing and the entry of bank deposit into financial systems
- Reviews approval and submissions of accounts payables
- Reads all e-mails and responds within a reasonable time frame
- Reviews and prepares Balance Sheet and Bank Reconciliation accounts
- Weekly ledger balance verifications of multiple properties:
- Guest Ledger / City Ledger
- Manages and oversees income audit of revenues for assigned properties
- Advance Deposit Ledger
- Performs verification of ADP payroll expenses and ensures balance with ProfitSage
- Some A/R collection call activities per assigned
- Ensure postings of data from ProfitSage are integrated into accounting financial software daily.
Weekly Accounts Payable of multiple properties:
- Processing and completing vendor weekly check runs
- Print AP Aging reports for review and approval
- Copy invoices, file invoices and mail approved vendor checks
- Manages and maintains copies of FFE / Capital invoices for reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for the tracking of petty cash, expense reports, and verifying proper coding of invoices to chart of Accounts
- Monitors vendor statements for past due amounts to be paid
- Ensures W-9 forms are completed upon setting up vendor
Monthly Responsibilities of multiple properties
- Prepares and reviews periodic and monthly PMS entry reconciliation
- Assists properties with collection efforts for 60, 90 & 120 Accounts Receivables portfolio files
- Reviewing and verifying Monthly Auditing of inventories and house banks on properties when assigned
- Assists with Month end closing preparation
- Assists Widewaters Controller in compiling month end financials for presentation to ownerships
- Monthly postings, reconciling and completing bank reconciliations per assigned properties
- Responsible for maintaining Monthly Balance Sheet Account reconciliations per assigned properties
- Compiles month end posting of accruals per assigned properties
- Completes month end initial and sign checklist as completed per assigned properties
- Monthly Tax preparation
- Monitor the posting and tracking of Sales and Use Tax payments
- Researches and prepares filing of tax payments to city/county/state agencies
- Any other duties or responsibilities of assigned by management
- Adhered and enforce The Widewaters Group, Inc accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting and at least 2 years’ experience in the hospitality industry.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry, have a strong financial background, and have sound administrative skills.
- Must be self-motivated, team builder and creative.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have computer skills with MS Office (excel, word, outlook).
Key to Widewaters success has been the ability to develop and construct high quality projects that create long-term value.
Widewaters is a vertically integrated real estate organization with over 30 years of development, construction, management and investment experience. Leveraging its entrepreneurial instincts, capital and expertise, Widewaters continues to develop and acquire quality real estate across North America.
Widewaters has developed or acquired over 11.2 million square feet of retail, office, residential, and hospitality projects totaling over $1.29 billion in value. Widewaters develops and manages all of its properties through its operating and management companies, The Widewaters Group, Inc. and Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Construction is performed through its affiliate Widewaters Construction, Inc.
Widewaters is based in Syracuse, New York with additional operations in the Charlotte, North Carolina and Salt Lake City, Utah areas. In house capabilities include: aquisitions, site selection, entitlements, feasibility, legal, leasing, financing, accounting, construction, property management, hotel management, and asset management.