Keeps records of financial transactions for the Widewaters Group Inc., and affiliated companies and developments, and supervises daily accounting by performing the following duties.
What you will be doing
- Supervises accounts payable, payroll and brokerage company clerks.
- Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or government agencies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Prepares operating properties entity tax returns and forwards necessary information to ownership.
- Analyzes property tax assessments for all properties except hotels, determines feasibility of tax challenges and reports on results of challenges.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Oversees construction budgeting and committed cost and construction costs accounting.
- Prepares forms for Workers’ Compensation and General Liability insurance audits.
- Supervises daily cash management with bank institutions.
- Completes records to trial balance.
- Directly supervises three employees in the Accounting Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Key to Widewaters success has been the ability to develop and construct high quality projects that create long-term value.
Widewaters is a vertically integrated real estate organization with over 30 years of development, construction, management and investment experience. Leveraging its entrepreneurial instincts, capital and expertise, Widewaters continues to develop and acquire quality real estate across North America.
Widewaters has developed or acquired over 11.2 million square feet of retail, office, residential, and hospitality projects totaling over $1.29 billion in value. Widewaters develops and manages all of its properties through its operating and management companies, The Widewaters Group, Inc. and Widewaters Hotels, LLC. Construction is performed through its affiliate Widewaters Construction, Inc.
Widewaters is based in Syracuse, New York with additional operations in the Charlotte, North Carolina and Salt Lake City, Utah areas. In house capabilities include: aquisitions, site selection, entitlements, feasibility, legal, leasing, financing, accounting, construction, property management, hotel management, and asset management.